Top Review by Lucky in Bayview
I REALLY liked this recipe and DH thought it was just OK. I think it was a texture and visual thing for him. I loved the flavor and textures. Even better that it's healthy, quick and economical. I know I'll be making it again for myself for sure. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, very finely chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, cut into 1/4 dice 3 stalks celery, cut into 1/4 dice
- 1 cup cooked white beans or 1 cup navy beans or 1 cup great northern bean
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes (optional)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 10 ounces fresh spaghetti
- 1 -2 ounce grated parmesan cheese or 1 -2 ounce romano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in non-stick frying pan.
- Add garlic, onion, bell pepper, and celery and cook over medium heat until soft.
- Stir in white beans and add vegetable stock, half the parsley, the pepper flakes (if using) and salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer until beans are quite soft.
- Coarsely mash half the beans with a fork.
- Cook spaghetti until al dente.
- Drain well.
- Transfer spaghetti and bean sauce to a large shallow bowl and mix well.
- Sprinkle the spaghetti with remaining parsley and serve at once with freshly grated cheese on top.