My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, very finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into 1/4 dice 3 stalks celery, cut into 1/4 dice
- 1 cup cooked white beans or 1 cup navy beans or 1 cup great northern bean
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes (optional)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 10 ounces fresh spaghetti
- 1 -2 ounce grated parmesan cheese or 1 -2 ounce romano cheese
- 1Heat olive oil in non-stick frying pan.
- 2Add garlic, onion, bell pepper, and celery and cook over medium heat until soft.
- 3Stir in white beans and add vegetable stock, half the parsley, the pepper flakes (if using) and salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Simmer until beans are quite soft.
- 5Coarsely mash half the beans with a fork.
- 6Cook spaghetti until al dente.
- 7Drain well.
- 8Transfer spaghetti and bean sauce to a large shallow bowl and mix well.
- 9Sprinkle the spaghetti with remaining parsley and serve at once with freshly grated cheese on top.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti with White Bean Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (390 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 837.2
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 12.5 mg
- Sodium 240.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 143.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.7 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 34.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: