Recipe by Mary Close
This makes a very rich appetizer, so serve small portions. This recipe comes from The Hay Day Country Farm Market.
- 1 cup walnuts
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 lb fresh spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- walnut halves (to garnish)
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put walnuts in the bowl of a food processor. Process 20 seconds, until just well mixed. Turn on processor and drop in garlic cloves one at a time while the processor is running. Stop the processor as soon as the last garlic clove is added. Heat the oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the walnut-garlic mixture and brown slightly.
- Cook fresh spaghetti in boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain and turn onto a serving dish. Stir the parsley into the nut mixture. Turn hot nut mixture into the pasta and mix well. Sprinkle with nutmeg and cheese. Sprinkle walnuts halves over the top and serve hot with freshly grated black pepper.
- Fresh spinach pasta is exceptionally nice.