Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Light and zesty pasta dish. The mint and basil blend nicely for a satisfying dining experience. You be the judge of the amount of jalapeño peppers to add. Serve with crisp side salad and Italian bread.
- 680.38 g fresh roma tomatoes
- 44.37 ml chopped fresh basil
- 14.79 ml chopped of fresh mint
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1-2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and sliced
- 59.14-118.29 ml olive oil
- 453.59 g spaghetti, cooked as per package directions
- 226.79 g mozzarella cheese, cut into 1 inch cubes
- Core tomatoes and sliced and cut into strips.
- In a large bowl, add tomatoes, basil, mint, salt, jalapeño peppers and olive oil.
- Set aside and allow mixture to marinade 30 minutes.
- Prepare the spaghetti as per package directions, drain thoroughly, shaking the strainer a few times.
- Pour spaghetti into the tomatoes, add cheese and toss to blend.
- Serve immediately.
WOW! This was really a delicious meal! Thanks!<br/>The mint addition made this dish really special for us!<br/>I used turkish peppers (red, long and only light hot) as this is what I have here.<br/>I had small roma tomatos, I seeded and revemoved the inner acid liquid before cutting them.<br/>I will make this for sure again and I can really recommend it.
Hi Paula, G! This is incredible! It had a bit of spiciness from the 1 pepper I added and the fresh basil and mint added something very earthy to this dish. Excellent flavor, and my meat-eating husband thought it was great too. We served with a side salad for a wonderful meal. Oh, I did add a pinch of course ground pepper, garlic, and italian seasoning. Though, it wasn't required. Thanks, we'll have this often!
We just loved this simple, easy to put together dish. The freshness of the tomatoes paired with the heat of the jalepenos went together fantastically. I also tossed in some fresh asparagus sliced very thin that I had on hand. Even my meat loving DH loved it! Thanks for a terrific dish! Made for ZWT 3 :)