Recipe by evelinagrossberg
I've always wondered why spaghetti is my number one entree. Must be because spaghetti is just so much fun to say
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- coarse salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 2⁄3 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated asiago cheese or 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, plus more
- freshly grated asiago cheese or parmesan cheese, for serving
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 lb spaghetti
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the Sauce: In a large nonstick skillet, heat 3 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic, and cook, about 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, oregano, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, and cook, covered, for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Make the meatballs: In a large bowl, whisk together egg, milk, 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper with a fork. Stir in onion, breadcrumbs, cheese, and parsley. Add turkey, mixing until combined. Form into 1 1/2-inch balls.
- Add meatballs to skillet and spoon the sauce over to coat. Cover and cook over medium heat until meatballs are just cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- While meatballs are cooking, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti, and cook for about 12 minutes. Drain pasta and add tablespoon oil, stir.
- Add spaghetti to skillet, and toss to coat evenly. Serve with additional cheese, if desired.