Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Using nonstick cooking spray, ground turkey, and no added salt helps to make this classic dish heart-healthy. This is a really good dish! hope you enjoy it!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, cut up
- 1 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb whole wheat spaghetti, uncooked
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick spray coating. Preheat over high heat.
- Add turkey; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Drain fat and discard.
- Stir in tomatoes with their juice, green pepper, onion, garlic, oregano, and black pepper and Bring to a boil.
- reduce heat and simmer covered for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove cover; simmer for 15 minutes more. (If you like a creamier sauce, give sauce a whirl in your blender or food processor.)
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in unsalted water. Drain well.
- Serve sauce over spaghetti.
We enjoyed this a lot, but found it just a little bland, I added some red pepper flakes to liven it up some and sprinkled shredded parmesan cheese on top at the table. I used whole wheat spaghetti and just made half a recipe for the two of us and i will make it again, thanks for posting.