Recipe by PsychoCasseroleStepmom
This recipe is really different and my whole family loves it! I got it from cdkitchen.com
- 1 lb spaghetti or 1 lb linguine, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 12 ounces ground turkey
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely diced
- 1 jalapeno, cored and finely diced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large deep skillet over medium heat. Brown the ground turkey until the liquid is evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Add the onion, jalapeno, chili powder, cumin and garlic and cook until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, and water and heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste and stir in the cilantro until wilted. This part of the recipe can be made up to a day ahead of time.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Add the chili and stir over medium heat until the sauce is simmering and the pasta is coated with sauce.