Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
This recipe is from Joan Campbell a food icon in Australia.
Top Review by karencooks
Very Good, very easy, very fast, just what I was looking for. I have been making meals from pantry staples and this fit the bill nicely. Used anchovy paste and ramano cheese. Thank you for posting a great recipe.
- 500 g spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 4 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1 anchovy packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 red chile, chopped
- 200 g tuna in vegetable oil (good italian brand)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 125 g butter
- fresh parmesan cheese
- fresh black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spaghetti in boiling salted water until al dente.
- Meanwhile heat oil in pan and add garlic and parsley and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add anchovies, chilli, tuna and continue to cook until heated through.
- Add lemon juice and turn off heat.
- Drain spaghetti, return to saucepan and add butter and tuna mixture. Stir well.
- Add parmesan, pepper and salt if needed.