Recipe by Katzen
Made this up on the weekend and it was fantastic; am putting down what I remember because my husband can't stop talking about it!
Top Review by susan...
With the exception of using â€˜regularâ€™ spaghetti instead of multi-grain, I followed your recipe and IT WAS SO GOOD! I made this just for myself and so I reduced the amounts; your recipe is very forgiving and the leftovers were also delicious. Thank you.
- 12 ounces multi-grain spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced into matchsticks
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, sliced in halves or 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian tomatoes (optional)
- 5 ounces parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta to al dente.
- Warm olive oil slowly.
- Add garlic, basil, oregano; heat gently for 10 minutes to allow flavours to mingle.
- Saute mushrooms, pepper, and tomatoes in the oil/herb mixture.
- Combine pasta and vegetable mix.
- Stir in freshly grated Parmesan.