Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Made this up on the weekend and it was fantastic; am putting down what I remember because my husband can't stop talking about it!
- 12 ounces multi-grain spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced into matchsticks
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, sliced in halves or 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian tomatoes (optional)
- 5 ounces parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Cook pasta to al dente.
- Warm olive oil slowly.
- Add garlic, basil, oregano; heat gently for 10 minutes to allow flavours to mingle.
- Saute mushrooms, pepper, and tomatoes in the oil/herb mixture.
- Combine pasta and vegetable mix.
- Stir in freshly grated Parmesan.
With the exception of using â€˜regularâ€™ spaghetti instead of multi-grain, I followed your recipe and IT WAS SO GOOD! I made this just for myself and so I reduced the amounts; your recipe is very forgiving and the leftovers were also delicious. Thank you.
I couldn't imagine this coming out good and not dry without the canned tomatoes...but I tried this recipe without them and it was delicious! I did use a bit more olive oil, and I also put a tiny bit in my noodles because they were sticking while waiting for the veggies to simmer. I will probably double the veggies and spices next time, because I like more veggies than noodles. I used grated Romano cheese instead. Thanks for posting...this one is a keeper!
I'm not going to star this because it was good but I do think it needs the parmesan cheese to be 5 stars which I did not add I did however add some sea salt. I made ours gluten free using rice pasta, unrefined extra virgin olive oil adding a bit more when it seemed too dry, both dry basil and oregano, orange bell pepper, I chopped a organic tomato instead of the grape or cherry tomatoes as that is what I had on hand but if I was serving it to company I would have used as called for, for looks, I did add the optional canned plum tomatoes of good quality, plus the rest of the ingredients. Made for Veggie Swap 38 ~ September ~