- 2 lbs vine-ripened tomatoes, chopped (about 6)
- 3⁄4 lb salted fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup halved and pitted black olives
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large glass or stainless-steel bowl, combine the chopped tomatoes with the mozzarella, basil, olives, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the spaghetti until just done, about 12 minutes. Drain, add to the tomato mixture, and toss.
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan over moderately low heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Pour the oil over the pasta and toss again.