Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes, with juices
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- grated parmesan cheese
- Saute bacon in a skillet until partially browned; drain off most of the fat.
- Add olive oil to the skillet; heat over low heat.
- Add in onion; stir/saute until tender but not browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add in garlic; saute 1 minute.
- Add in tomatoes; cook, stirring to break up the tomatoes with the side of a spoon, until sauce is slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, about 6 minutes; drain.
- Toss with the sauce and parsley; sprinkle with grated cheese and serve.
Easy and delicious! This was a very flavorful and enjoyable dish. Thanks for sharing!