Spaghetti With Tomatoes, Bacon, and Onions
- Saute bacon in a skillet until partially browned; drain off most of the fat.
- Add olive oil to the skillet; heat over low heat.
- Add in onion; stir/saute until tender but not browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add in garlic; saute 1 minute.
- Add in tomatoes; cook, stirring to break up the tomatoes with the side of a spoon, until sauce is slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, about 6 minutes; drain.
- Toss with the sauce and parsley; sprinkle with grated cheese and serve.