Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
I like this meatless pasta dish. Recipe is from Barilla.
- 1 (13 1/4 ounce) packagewhole grain thin spaghetti
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons thyme
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup water
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup pecorino romano cheese, grated
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, saute onion and thyme in half of the olive oil over low heat for 12 minutes.
- Add cherry tomatoes and water and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta and toss with the sauce.
- Add cheese and remaining olive oil and toss again.
I didn't have cherry tomatoes but was able to use fresh tomatoes from our garden. The sauce tasted like it needed something more but tasted very fresh. Overall a pretty good dinner - thanks