Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
An easy, fast, meal with ingredients you usually have on hand. Tastes even better the next day. (Weight Watchers - 7 points. Serving size about 1 1/4 cups.) From a WW cookbook.
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 709.77 ml diced tomatoes
- 118.29 ml sliced green onion
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh parsley, divided (I usually subsitute dried parsley)
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 226.79 g thin spaghetti, cooked (about 4 cups cooked)
- 236.59 ml crumbled feta cheese
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add oregano and garlic, and saute 30 seconds.
- Add tomato, green onions, 2 tablespoons parsley, and lemon juice; cook 2 minutes or until heated.
- Combine tomato mixture, spaghetti, and 3/4 cup cheese, toss gently.
- Top with remaining 1/4 cup cheese and 2 tablespoons parsley, and sprinkle with pepper, if desired.
- Serve at room temperature or store in a an airtight container in refrigerator.
I am on a feta fetish now, and this hit the spot. Yes, it is also good cold. Instead of the lemon juice, I added Balsamic Vinegar....kicks it up a little!! Very easy to prepare, can't wait for the fresh garden tomatoes to try this again!! Very tasty. thank you!!
My husband loved this one. This is one of the easiest pasta dishes I've ever made, and the combination of flavors is excellent. I threw in a few black olives at step 4. Also, we ate it hot from the stove, but it seems like it would be good cold, too.
For a diet meal, this was really good. Made exactly as written.