1/3 Photos of Spaghetti With Tomato Garlic Sauce
This is a very common recipe that we make in Greece, during the Easter lent. The sauce has a very strong taste so there is no need for cheese on the top. Some people are adding cheese at the top but I never do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil and sauté until onions turn translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- 2Add the tomatoes, the tomato paste, the sugar and the chilies. Cook until it boils and then reduce the heat on low.
- 3Add the spices 5-10 minutes before turning the heat off.
- 4Meanwhile cook and drain the pasta.
- 5Add the cooked pasta hot at the sauce and let them stand for 2-3 minutes.
- 6Ready to serve.
- 7I like to add some pepper on my plate!
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti With Tomato Garlic Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 527.0
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 36.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 16.0 g