This is a very common recipe that we make in Greece, during the Easter lent. The sauce has a very strong taste so there is no need for cheese on the top. Some people are adding cheese at the top but I never do.
- Heat the oil and sauté until onions turn translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, the tomato paste, the sugar and the chilies. Cook until it boils and then reduce the heat on low.
- Add the spices 5-10 minutes before turning the heat off.
- Meanwhile cook and drain the pasta.
- Add the cooked pasta hot at the sauce and let them stand for 2-3 minutes.
- Ready to serve.
- I like to add some pepper on my plate!