Quick & easy - the secret is to slice the veges as finely as you can. Chilli is obviously to taste!
- 250 g pasta (spaghetti, fettucini, linguini etc)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon red chile
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 3 teaspoons rosemary, chopped
- 1 large zucchini, cut in half lengthways & finely sliced
- 5 large portabella mushrooms, finely sliced
- 1 (425 g) can tomatoes (1 pound)
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- fresh ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water.
- Whilst the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large frypan on medium heat.
- Add the garlic, chilli & onions & saute until just golden.
- Add the rosemary, zucchini & mushrooms and saute.
- Turn up the heat and add the tinned tomatoes. Saute until just thickening.
- Drain the pasta and add to the pan with the tomato mixture in it. Mix with tongs & serve with parmesan cheese and freshly ground black pepper on top.
My perfect type of meal! Love chilli, tomato, zucchini and garlic! Fresh tasting and light. Made with vermicelli as I love the light texture! Will definitely make again! Cheers
Yummy, quick lunch. Had a zucchini to use up, so this worked perfectly. No portabellas on hand, so subbed out a can of button mushrooms. My canned tomatoes had basil and garlic in them already, so I cut back on the amt of crushed garlic. Also added approx 1 tsp of salt. Note that the longer the "sauce" sits, the better the flavor soaks into the zucchini! Delish. Made or ZWT4.
Excellent quick pasta dish! I added an extra chili pepper for a bit more spice and a good few pinches of salt. Very tasty! Thanks LittleKiwiChook! Made for ZWT 4.