1/2 Photos of Spaghetti With Tomato and Aubergine (Eggplant) Sauce
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Girl from India's Note:
I had made this for a party at mt best friend's home (who is a vegetarian) from the cookbook Catwalk Cuisine. It was a hit! Called Pasta Puttanesca by the author
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g aubergines
- salt, to sprinkle on aubergine
- olive oil, for shallow frying
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 small dried red chilies, crumbled or 2 teaspoons chili flakes
- 1 cup black olives, stoned and chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 kg large frsh tomato, skinned and chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning or 1 sprig fresh oregano or 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 500 g spaghetti
- fresh basil leaf
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1Cut aubergine into cubes and sprinkle with salt.
- 2Drain and pat dry after 15-20 mins Heat oil for frying aubergine in a frying pan and shallow fry till golden brown Drain and set aside Heat virgin olive oil in a pan, add garlic, chilli flakes or chillies and cook for a minute or till garlic just begins to turn colour.
- 3Mix in olives, capers, tomatoes, puree and dried seasoning or fresh herbs Season with salt and pepper to taste Cover pan and cook sauce on low heat for 30-35 minutes.
- 4or till tomatoes are cooked through and sauce has thickened Add fried aubergine cubes and remove from heat.
- 5Cook spaghetti according to packet instructions.
- 6Drain and add spaghetti to sauce Add basil leaves and toss pasta in sauce till well coated Serve immediately with grated Parmesan on the side.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti With Tomato and Aubergine (Eggplant) Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 518.7
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 298.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 15.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning