Recipe by Irmgard
This light, luscious pasta dish is so named because the sauce is made with three different types of tomato - sun-dried, canned and fresh cherry tomatoes. I made it with whole wheat spaghetti for extra nutrition but you can use plain if you prefer.
Top Review by Evie*
This is excellent. Loved the simplicity of it and also the colours. I didnt have any cherry tomatoes so used 3 acid free tomatoes instead. I sprinkled some grated parmesan over before serving. Thanks for sharing.
- coarse salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato olive oil (from oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (use 1/2 tsp. if you like it spicier)
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, chopped
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the spaghetti.
- Cook until al dente, about 10 minutes.
- Heat the tomato oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and crushed red pepper and cook until fragrant, about 20 seconds.
- Add the canned tomatoes with their juices and the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Simmer gently over medium heat. stirring occasionally, until thick, about 15 minutes.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and simmer until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Drain the spaghetti, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water.
- Return the pasta to the pot.
- Add the tomato mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss gently, adding pasta water as desired.
- Serve immediately.