Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe source: From the Farmer's market.
Make and share this Spaghetti With Summer Tomatoes recipe from Food.com.
- In a large skillet combine cherry tomatoes, yellow cherry tomatoes, shallots, olive oil, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or until tomatoes are tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil over high heat; add spaghetti and cook according to package directions.
- Just before pasta is done reheat sauce.
- Slice basil leaves and add to the sauce.
- Drain pasta and return to pot.
- Add sauce to pasta and toss.
Delish! Light and refreshing for a hot summer day. I did use garden fresh picked plum tomatoes and a 1 fresh picked cayenne minced in place of the flakes. I'm not a big spaghetti fan but really enjoyed it in this dish. I drizzled EVOO over the finished dish and a sprinkle of grated cheese. This would be extra tasty topped with toasted pine nuts. ;) Thanks for the good eats. Made for veggie tag.
Fresh and flavorful - What a great way to enjoy summer's bounty! I got all ingredients from my garden or the farm stand and it was absolutely delicious!
With the recipe cut in half, this made an ample & tasty side dish for the 2 of us! Simple & easy to put together, & the flavorful tomatoes I got at the Farmers' Market made it special! A great recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]