Recipe by ellie_
Recipe source: From the Farmer's market.
Top Review by Rita~
Delish! Light and refreshing for a hot summer day. I did use garden fresh picked plum tomatoes and a 1 fresh picked cayenne minced in place of the flakes. I'm not a big spaghetti fan but really enjoyed it in this dish. I drizzled EVOO over the finished dish and a sprinkle of grated cheese. This would be extra tasty topped with toasted pine nuts. ;) Thanks for the good eats. Made for veggie tag.
- 3⁄4 lb cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3⁄4 lb yellow cherry tomato, halved
- 7 shallots, minced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet combine cherry tomatoes, yellow cherry tomatoes, shallots, olive oil, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or until tomatoes are tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil over high heat; add spaghetti and cook according to package directions.
- Just before pasta is done reheat sauce.
- Slice basil leaves and add to the sauce.
- Drain pasta and return to pot.
- Add sauce to pasta and toss.