Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I think the title says it all, but I must say this is a GREAT recipe. Very simple ingredients and wonderful flavor and a little surprise inside each meatball. This recipe came from a Williams-Sonoma Catalog.
- 1⁄3 cup whole milk
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground veal
- 1⁄3 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, minced (plus more for garnish)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄3 lb mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2inch cubes
- olive oil (for frying)
- 6 cups tomato sauce (pick your favorite)
- 2 lbs spaghetti, cooked and drained
- grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese (for serving)
- In a large bowl, combine milk and bread crumbs.
- Add meats, 1/3 cup parsley, eggs, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Mix briefly with hands, do not over work.
- Form into 2" balls.
- Seal a cheese cube into center of each ball.
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, heat 1/2" oil until almost smoking.
- Brown meatballs 1 minute per side.
- Transfer to paper towel-lined tray.
- Discard oil in pan.
- Pour tomato sauce into pan; bring to simmer over medium-high heat.
- Add meatballs, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until cooked through, 30 minutes.
- Uncover; Cook 10 minutes more.
- Serve over pasta with cheese, garnish with parsley.