Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
Did you know that ideally thin delicate pastas such as Spaghetti and Vermicelli should be served with light, thin sauces and thicker pastas, contastingly, like Tagliatelle go well with heavier sauces? Pasta shapes with holes and ridges like Macaroni and Fusilli are perfect for chunkier sauces.
- 250 g spaghetti, cooked in salted,boiling water until done
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 200 ml low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese
- 150 g spinach, boiled and drained
- black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons red bell peppers, finely chopped (capsicum)
- 1 tablespoon margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat margarine in a skillet.
- Saute shallots and garlic for 4 minutes in the margarine.
- Stir while doing so.
- Add flour.
- Cook for 1 minute on low flame.
- Add milk and remove from heat.
- Keep aside.
- Squeeze out the water from the spinach and chop.
- Add spinach, cheese, bell pepper, salt and pepper to taste to the cooked sauce.
- Re-heat on low heat.
- Stir well for a minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Serve on pasta.