Recipe by Mimi in Maine
This sounds redundant but it is exactly what it is. It is very different but tastes really good. I love spaghetti squash anyway and I truly love pasta. Soooo...... It just makes a differet vegetable to have at suppertime. All you need is a protein and maybe, just maybe, a tossed salad to go along with it. Yum!
- 3 lbs spaghetti squash
- 4 ounces of uncooked spaghetti (broken in half)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees, prick squash with fork, place in a baking dish and bake uncovered about 1 1/2 hours OR prick squash and boil in large pot for about an hour till soft.
- Cook the spaghetti and drain.
- Cut squash lengthwise; remove seeds and fibers of one half; save the other half for another time.
- Remove the spaghetti-like strands with 2 forks.
- Toss the squash and remaining ingredients together.
- Return mixture to squash shell to serve; it looks pretty.