Our son makes magnificent smoked salmon, this is one of the ways to enjoy it!! (try smoking it yourself, see "Don's smoked salmon" Don's Smoked Salmon) from Cooking for Diabetics
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup button mushroom, finely sliced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, snipped
- 1 1⁄4 cups very low fat unsweetened soy cream or 1 1⁄4 cups very low fat fromage frais
- 8 ounces smoked salmon, cut into thin strips
- ground black pepper
- lemon juice
- 12 ounces fresh spaghetti or 12 ounces linguine
- chives (to garnish)
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick frypan.
- Add the finely sliced mushrooms and fry them over gentle heat for 4 to 5 minutes, until they are softened but not coloured.
- Pour the white wine into the pan.
- Increase the heat and boil rapidly for about 5 minutes, until the wine has reduced considerably.
- Stir in the herbs and soy cream or fromage frais.
- Fold in the salmon and reheat gently, but do not let the sauce boil or it will curdle.
- Stir in pepper and lemon juice to taste.
- Cover the pan and keep the sauce warm.
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water until just tender.
- Drain, rinse thoroughly in boiling water and drain again.
- Turn into a warmed serving dish and toss gently with the salmon sauce before serving, garnished with chives.