Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Cooking Light. I'll use green beans in place of the asparagus for DH.
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 2 cups sliced asparagus (1-inch)
- 3⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup finely shredded smoked mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄3 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Cook pasta in boiling water 7 minutes; add asparagus; cook 2 minutes or until pasta is al dente and asparagus is crisp-tender. Drain.
- Combine milk, salt, black pepper, eggs, and garlic in a Dutch oven, stirring with a whisk until well blended.
- Add pasta mixture; cook over medium heat for 3 minutes or until slightly thick and creamy, stirring constantly.
- Add cheeses, parsley, and red pepper; cook for 1 1/2 minutes or until cheese melts, stirring constantly. Serve immediately.