1/1 Photo of Spaghetti With Small Meatballs
Chef Gorete's Note:
This recipe is from a Pasquale cookbook and is the one my girls enjoy the most.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground veal or 1 lb beef
- 2 ounces breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 ounces oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 cups tomatoes, peeled and finely chopped (I use canned tomatoes)
- 6 ounces chicken stock
- 2 ounces red wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 lb spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Combine ground meat, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, nutmeg and chili powder, then form the mixture into small balls with the palms of your hands.
- 2Heat oil in frying pan, and cook onion and garlic for 5 minutes. Add the meatballs and brown all over.
- 3Add tomatoes, stock, wine, tomato paste salt and pepper, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 4Place cooked pasta on a heated platter. Pour some sauce and meat balls over the pasta. Sprinkle with grated cheese and serve immediately.
- 5Note: Sometimes I will make extra meatballs and flash freeze them, then store them in plastic bags. When I'm ready to use them, I make the sauce and add the frozen meatballs to the sauce allowing for a longer cooking time.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti With Small Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 954.6
- Calories from Fat 299
- Total Fat 33.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 119.4 mg
- Sodium 1062.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 52.2 g