This recipe is from a Pasquale cookbook and is the one my girls enjoy the most.
Make and share this Spaghetti With Small Meatballs recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground veal or 1 lb beef
- 2 ounces breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 ounces oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 cups tomatoes, peeled and finely chopped (I use canned tomatoes)
- 6 ounces chicken stock
- 2 ounces red wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 lb spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- Combine ground meat, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, nutmeg and chili powder, then form the mixture into small balls with the palms of your hands.
- Heat oil in frying pan, and cook onion and garlic for 5 minutes. Add the meatballs and brown all over.
- Add tomatoes, stock, wine, tomato paste salt and pepper, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Place cooked pasta on a heated platter. Pour some sauce and meat balls over the pasta. Sprinkle with grated cheese and serve immediately.
- Note: Sometimes I will make extra meatballs and flash freeze them, then store them in plastic bags. When I'm ready to use them, I make the sauce and add the frozen meatballs to the sauce allowing for a longer cooking time.