Recipe by threeovens
A light "dressing" for your spaghetti for a change of pace. This recipe calls for cooked shrimp, which you can buy either fresh or frozen or cook yourself.
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 lb large shrimp, cooked
- 3 roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil or 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- lemon wedge
- green olives (optional)
- olive oil, for drizzling
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spaghetti in salted water according to package directions.
- Add chickpeas and shrimp during last minute of cooking; drain and return to pot.
- Stir in tomatoes, cheese, basil (or mint), lemon zest, lemon juice, and oregano. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with lemon wedges and green olives, if desired; drizzle with olive oil.