Recipe by Stacky5
This simple and straightforward pasta recipe can be whipped up on a moment's notice with pantry ingredients and shrimp -- just the thing for a busy week night supper. Olive oil plays a big role here, so use only the best extra virgin olive oil you can find. Recipe courtesy of a CooksRecipes e-mail I received. YUM!
- 1 lb dried spaghetti
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more to taste
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons bottled capers, rinsed and coarsely chopped if large
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- parmigiano-reggiano cheese, freshly grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the spaghetti and cook, stirring occasionally, until barely tender.
- While the pasta cooks, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large (12-inch) skillet over medium heat. Add the shrimp and cook for 1 minute. Add the capers and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally until the shrimps turn pink and firm, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice, parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the spaghetti and return to the warmed pot. Add the shrimp and its sauce and toss, adding the remaining 3 tablespoons oil or more if you wish.
- Transfer to a large, warmed serving bowl.
- Garish with freshly grated parmegiano reggiano cheese. Serve immediately.