1/1 Photo of Spaghetti With Shrimp, Capers and Garlic
This simple and straightforward pasta recipe can be whipped up on a moment's notice with pantry ingredients and shrimp -- just the thing for a busy week night supper. Olive oil plays a big role here, so use only the best extra virgin olive oil you can find. Recipe courtesy of a CooksRecipes e-mail I received. YUM!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb dried spaghetti
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more to taste
- 1 1/2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons bottled capers, rinsed and coarsely chopped if large
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- parmigiano-reggiano cheese, freshly grated
- 1Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the spaghetti and cook, stirring occasionally, until barely tender.
- 2While the pasta cooks, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large (12-inch) skillet over medium heat. Add the shrimp and cook for 1 minute. Add the capers and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally until the shrimps turn pink and firm, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice, parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- 3Drain the spaghetti and return to the warmed pot. Add the shrimp and its sauce and toss, adding the remaining 3 tablespoons oil or more if you wish.
- 4Transfer to a large, warmed serving bowl.
- 5Garish with freshly grated parmegiano reggiano cheese. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti With Shrimp, Capers and Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 702.2
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 214.8 mg
- Sodium 1456.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 38.5 g