1/2 Photos of Spaghetti With Shrimp and Eggplant (Aubergine)
An adopted recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 quarts water
- 3/4 lb spaghetti
- 1 1/2 lbs shrimp
- 1 eggplant (1 pound)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 32 ounces approx canned tomatoes, crushed
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, for garnish
- 1Salt the water and bring to a boil in a kettle; add the spaghetti and cook to the desired degree of doneness and/or according to package directions, then drain and set aside.
- 2While pasta is cooking, peel and devein the shrimp and set aside.
- 3Trim the ends of the eggplant and peel it.
- 4Cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- 5Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a saucepan and add the garlic.
- 6Cook, stirring, without browning.
- 7Add the tomatoes, honey, pepper flakes, basil (flat Italian parsley can be substituted), salt and pepper.
- 8Stir to blend, cover and simmer, stirring frequently, about 15 minutes.
- 9Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large nonstick skillet and when it is very hot, add the eggplant, salt and pepper.
- 10Cook the eggplant, tossing it, until it's nicely browned.
- 11Drain and add the eggplant to the tomato sauce.
- 12Stir and cover and cook for 15 minutes or until well blended with the sauce.
- 13Meanwhile, in the same nonstick skillet, add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil and add the shrimp, salt and pepper.
- 14Cook over high heat for one minute, stirring.
- 15Add the shrimp to the sauce, blend well and cook for one minute.
- 16Toss the cooked and drained spaghetti with the shrimp and eggplant mixture, and serve immediately with parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti With Shrimp and Eggplant (Aubergine)
Serving Size: 1 (1583 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 713.3
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 230.8 mg
- Sodium 1610.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 44.6 g