1/2 Photos of Spaghetti with Sausage and Peppers
Summer Breeze's Note:
A fast, simple dish, which takes only about 30 minutes to make. Great for this busy time of the year.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb Italian sausage (mild or hot)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes, in thick puree
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons dry vermouth or 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 3/4 lb spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1In a large frying pan, heat the oil over moderate heat.
- 2Add the sausage and cook, turning, until browned and cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- 3Remove from pan.
- 4When cool enough, cut into 1/2 inch slices.
- 5Add the onion, peppers and 3/4 teaspoon of the salt to the pan.
- 6Cook, stirring frequently until the vegetables begin to brown, about 5 minutes.
- 7Cover and cook, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are soft, about 3 minutes longer.
- 8Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for about 30 seconds.
- 9Add the tomatoes, broth, vermouth, the reserved sausage and any accumulated juices, the parsley and the remaining 1 teaspoon of salt, and bring to a simmer.
- 10In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the spaghetti until just done, about 12 minutes.
- 11Drain and toss with the sausage and pepper mixture and the Parmesan.
- 12Serve with more Parmesan.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti with Sausage and Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 796.5
- Calories from Fat 330
- Total Fat 36.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 66.9 mg
- Sodium 2575.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 35.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-sodium chicken stock