Lori Mama's Note:
This is from her TV show. I am listing the hot peppers as optional. I left them out, as I can't handle much heat. Time does not include roasting of the peppers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 red bell peppers, roasted
- 3 fresno chili peppers, seeded (optional)
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts or 3 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 cups basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, or
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup grated pecorino cheese, plus some to pass at table
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 lb spaghetti
- additional torn basil, chopped mint and parsley for garnish (optional)
- 1Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- 2Place roasted red peppers, chili peppers in a food processor and add the nuts, basil, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper.
- 3Add cheese, turn processor on and stream in the oil to form a thick sauce.
- 4Salt pasta water and cook spaghetti to al dente.
- 5Reserve about 1 cup of starchy cooking water, drain pasta and return to pot.
- 6Toss pasta with pesto and half the starchy water.
- 7Toss the pasta with the sauce for a minute or two to combine thoroughly, adding a little more starchy water if necessary.
- 8Serve with more cheese and some torn basil leaves or finely chopped mint and parsley, if desired.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti With Red Pepper Pesto - Rachael Ray
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 666.3
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 18.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: