Recipe by Lisa1
This is one of my favorites. I like it with a simple green salad and French bread
Top Review by MrsKnox2016
Very nice Lisa1! About 10 minutes after I stirred it all together to boil, I was worried because it was so thin and I didn't have 45 minutes to let it simmer, so I added 2 tbs tomato paste and it thickened up nicely. Both DH and I were surprised how much flavor this simple dish had. Will definitely add it to my repeat list! Thanks!
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 1.23-2.46 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 793.78 g canground tomatoes (I like Muir Glen) or 793.78 g can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (566.99 g) can baby clams, undrained
- 2.46 ml basil
- 2.46 ml anchovy paste
- hot cookd spaghetti (or linguine)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook garlic in oil over medium heat approx 30 seconds.
- Add black and red pepper. Cook and stir 30 seconds longer.
- Drain clams, reserving juice. Set clams aside.
- Add clam juice and tomatoes to skillet. Stir in basil and anchovy paste. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 30 to 45 minutes until desired consistency is reached.
- Stir in clams. Heat through.
- Serve over hot cooked spaghetti or linguine.