Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tasty pasta dish
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- sea salt
- 8 slices prosciutto, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green onion
- fresh ground black pepper
- extra parmesan cheese (to garnish)
- Cook pasta as per directions on packet.
- While spaghetti is cooking, place a skillet over medium to high heat.
- Add the olive oil, garlic and a sprinkle of sea salt, cook stirring for 10 seconds.
- Add prosciutto and cook for 2 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the wine and cook another minute, remove from heat.
- Place eggs, cheese and green onions in a large bowl and whisk with a fork until combined.
- Season with pepper.
- Combine the drained spaghetti with the prosciutto mixture, then add the egg mixture and toss to combine.
- The heat of the spaghetti will gently cook the egg.
- Divide between 4 bowls and top with the Parmesan garnish.
My family LOVES this pasta dish! It is very simple to prepare and is perfect when you're pressed for time! I made this twice and never printed it, so I was in a little panic just now thinking it would take me forever to find it again...yay! I am making it tonight for dinner with a ceasar salad & some artisan bread! Last time I made it, I doubled the recipe and they were looking for leftovers, so might wanna double it :) I also used pasturized eggs for this recipe.
Excellent delicious dish - very comparable to pasta carbonara. Made exactly as written, no changes needed here. Thanks for a great meal, Evie!