1/1 Photo of Spaghetti With Peas, Zucchini Ribbons, and Garlic Shrimp
This is a combination of 2 recipes from the April 2007 issue of Martha Stewart Living. Each can certainly stand on its own, but together, they are a fabulous meal. Add a salad, possibly some crusty garlicky bread, and dessert and it would be complete, company worthy meal that is actually very, very simple.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- coarse salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups thawed frozen baby peas
- 8 ounces zucchini, trimmed and cut lengthwise into 1/8-inch thick slices
- 1 1/2 cups whole-milk yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups loosely packed fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- parmesan cheese, grated
For the Garlic Shrimp
- 1For the Spaghetti with Peas and Zucchini Ribbons:.
- 2Bring a large pot of water to boil; add 1 teaspoon salt.
- 3Add peas and cook until tender, about 1 minute.
- 4Using a slotted spoon, transfer peas to a medium bowl; set aside.
- 5Add zucchini to pot and cook 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- 6Using a slotted spoon, transfer to bowl with peas.
- 7Put yogurt and basil into a large heatproof bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- 8Set bowl over the boiling water, and whisk until mixture is warm, about 1 minute.
- 9Remove from heat.
- 10Add peas and zucchini to bowl; set aside.
- 11Cook pasta in salted boiling water until al dente; drain.
- 12Add pasta to vegetables and sauce; toss to combine.
- 13Season with salt and pepper.
- 14Serve topped with cheese.
- 15For the Garlic Shrimp:.
- 16While the pasta cooks, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 17Add garlic and red pepper flakes.
- 18Cook, stirring, until garlic is fragrant and golden, but not browned, about 30 seconds.
- 19Add shrimp; raise heat to medium-high, and cook, stirring often, until shrimp are opaque, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 20Add butter, stir to coat.
- 21Season with salt and pepper.
- 22Serve immediately along side Spaghetti with Peas and Zucchini Ribbons.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti With Peas, Zucchini Ribbons, and Garlic Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.0
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 162.8 mg
- Sodium 694.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 22.9 g