Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
The eggs and milk creat a rich, creamy sauce that coats the pasta, wile the bacon adds a salty bite. The key to the creaminess is tempering the eggs - heating them gently so they don't cook too fast and curdle. Do this by slowly whisking in the hot water in which the pasta cooked.
- 453.59 g uncooked spaghetti
- 12 bacon, slices chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 236.59 ml 2% low-fat milk
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 236.59 ml frozen tiny peas, thawed
- 354.88 ml grated fresh parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/2 cup hot cooking liquid.
- While pasta cooks, cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in pan. Discard remaining drippings; set bacon aside. Add garlic to drippings in pan; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Combine milk, salt, pepper, and eggs, stirring with a whisk. Gradually add reserved hot cooking liquid to milk mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk. Add pasta, milk mixture, and peas to skillet; cook over low heat 3 minutes or until sauce thickens. Add bacon and cheese; stir to combine.