Spaghetti With Orange Peppers and Gorgonzola
- Thinly slice the peppers and onions. Saute in olive oil until they are tender and just beginning to brown around the edges. Add salt, pepper, and basil. Toss and set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil, add salt, then the pasta.
- When the pasta is al dente, scoop out and set aside about one cup of the cooking water and then drain the pasta. Toss it in a large bowl with the Gorgonzola. Use some of the reserved cooking water if it seems a little dry. I sometimes find Gorgonzola overpowering so I'd suggest initially adding less than the 1/2 pound called for, and then adding the rest to taste.
- Add the onion and pepper mixture. Toss more. Taste. Adjust seasonings and add more Gorgonzola if you wish.
- Garnish with additional basil leaves and serve with freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.