Recipe by kbars
This dish is phenomenal! I found it at America's Test Kitchen, tried it, and cannot stop eating! I did change a couple things, and I thought it was the best!! Delish!
Top Review by brhobkirk
With a few changes, AWESOME!! I added 1/4 t. cayenne powder for "bite", also a generous half-cup of chopped walnuts, then whipped it up in the food processor. Watch out, you'll love this!
- 3 medium garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1 1⁄2 cups kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 medium shallot, chopped course
- 8 large fresh basil leaves
- 1⁄4 cup packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated (or asiago)
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast garlic in a small, dry skillet over medium heat, shaking pan occasionally until the garlic is softened and spotty brown. When cool, remove and discard the skins.
- In a food processor, pulse the toasted garlic, olives, shallot, basil, parsley, cheese, olive oil, and lemon juice, stopping when necessary to scrape the sides of the bow. Add salt and pepper to taste (I added none).
- Cook spaghetti until al dente. Drain, toss with pesto mixture. Serve immediately with lemon wedges and extra cheese.