Spaghetti with Olive Oil, Garlic and Chillies
- Combine the oil, garlic and chilles in a small frying pan and cook over very low heat until garlic becomes a very pale golden, about 10-15 minutes.
- If things are moving too fast, use a simmer mat or flame tamer.
- Meanwhile cook the spaghetti in plenty of salted boiling water until cooked.
- Drain the pasta, reserving a small jugful of the cooking water.
- Turn the pasta into a heated dish.
- Pour over the hot oil with garlic and chillies, add the parsley and toss thoroughly.
- Add a little of the cooking water if necessary.
- Serve immediately.