Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Bon Apetite's "Every Night Cooking."
Make and share this Spaghetti With Olive Oil, Garlic and Anchovies recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, large and minced
- 2 (2 ounce) cans anchovy fillets, drained, chopped
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- parsley, chopped
- parmesan cheese, freshly grated, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in heavy medium skillet over low heat.
- Add garlic and cook 2 minutes; add anchovies and cook until garlic just begins to color, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in a large pot of boiling, salted water, until tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally.
- Drain well.
- Return spaghetti to pot and add the anchovy mixture and lemon juice and toss to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle with parsley.
- Add Parmesan to taste.
This was a great dish! DH was very skeptical about the anchovies but he loved it as well. I added a couple of tablespoons of capers and I think next time I will add more capers and maybe some artichoke hearts. But it is a very tasty dish, thanks for posting!
My Grandmother whose grandmother who came over from Napoli made this dish on fridays according to her. My Grandmother still makes it just minus the lemon. Be sure to put a lot of fine sprinkle italian cheese on it...and a little more olive oil never hurt...
I love anchovies but have never had them prepared like this - totally awesome dish. The only thing I did was add capers as suggested by another reviewer. I will be preparing this a lot. My husband fell in love with it and even took the leftovers for lunch the next day - pity his office. LOL