Recipe by Oolala
From Bon Apetite's "Every Night Cooking."
Top Review by KLBoyle
This was a great dish! DH was very skeptical about the anchovies but he loved it as well. I added a couple of tablespoons of capers and I think next time I will add more capers and maybe some artichoke hearts. But it is a very tasty dish, thanks for posting!
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, large and minced
- 2 (2 ounce) cans anchovy fillets, drained, chopped
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- parsley, chopped
- parmesan cheese, freshly grated, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in heavy medium skillet over low heat.
- Add garlic and cook 2 minutes; add anchovies and cook until garlic just begins to color, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in a large pot of boiling, salted water, until tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally.
- Drain well.
- Return spaghetti to pot and add the anchovy mixture and lemon juice and toss to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle with parsley.
- Add Parmesan to taste.