Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Spaghetti con Le Cozze, Pomodori e Origano
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 canned anchovy fillets, chopped, 1 tablespoon anchovy oil reserved
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 1⁄4 cups diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 lb mussels, scrubbed, debearded
- Cook pasta in medium pot of boiling salted water until 'al dente', stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil and re-served anchovy oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Add anchovies, garlic, oregano and tomato paste; stir 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes; bring to boil.
- Add mussels. Cover; simmer until mussels open, about 5 minutes (discard any that do not open).
- Drain pasta; divide between 2 shallow bowls.
- Top with mussels and sauce. Makes 2 servings (can be doubled).
- That's it!