Recipe by guamswhitest
So I only had tomato paste and canned tomatoes... no tomato sauce. I was way too lazy to run to the grocery store and decided to improvise by using cream of mushroom soup. I was surprised it turned out as well as it did.
Top Review by butterflydiva930
I'd love to make this sauce,sounds very creamy and would taste bit like a stroganoff??just a question does it have bay leaves in it and how many??Also can I leave it out if it does??Thanks in advance Suzie :)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- cooked pasta, of your choice
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the ground beef, onion and garlic in olive oil with bay leaves, oregano, basil, Italian Seasoning, salt.
- Add tomato paste, mushroom soup, sugar, and diced tomatoes.
- Stir well and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Use sauce to top your cooked spaghetti.