From Every Day with Rachael Ray.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup milk or 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, 2 smashed and 1 chopped
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 lb lean ground sirloin
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese, plus more for serving
- 1 large egg
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 20 (1/2-inch)
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1In a medium bowl, soak the bread crumbs in the milk.
- 2In a large, wide saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the smashed garlic and cook until golden, about 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes, season to taste with salt and let the sauce simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- 3Add the beef, chopped garlic, parsley, Parmigiano-Reggiano, egg and 1 teaspoon of salt to the soaked bread crumbs and stir with a fork until combined. Place about 2 tablespoons of the mixture in your hand and press a mozzarella cube into the center. Shape the meat around the cheese, forming a ball. Repeat with the remaining meat and mozzarella.
- 4Stir the sauce and raise the heat to medium- low. Carefully place the meatballs in the sauce, submerging them completely. Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook without stirring for 20 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti, cook until al dente, about 8 minutes, and drain. Toss the spaghetti with the tomato sauce and meatballs, sprinkle with Parmigiano-Reggiano and serve.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti With Mozzarella-Stuffed Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (2881 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.5
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 28.0 mg
- Sodium 269.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 10.9 g