Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
Make and share this Spaghetti With Mixed Herb Pesto recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts or 1⁄4 cup walnuts or 1⁄4 cup almonds
- 3 garlic cloves, threaded on a skewer
- 1 cup packed fresh flat leaf parsley
- 3⁄4 cup packed fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage leaf
- 7 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb spaghetti
- Toast the nuts in a small skillet over medium heat, stirring often, until just golden and fragrant, about 4-5 minutes.
- Bring 4 quarts water to a boil in a big pot; lower the skewered garlic into the water, boil for 45 seconds; immediately run the garlic under cold water; remove from the skewer, peel, and mince.
- Place the herbs in a quart-size zip-lock freezer bag; pound with the flat side of a meat pounder until all the leaves are bruised.
- Place the nuts, garlic, herbs, oil, juice, and ½ teaspoon salt into the bowl of a fool processor.
- Process until smooth, stopping as needed to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Transfer mixture to a small bowl; stir in the cheese, and adjust seasoning with salt.
- Add 1 tablespoon salt and pasta to the boiling water; cook until al dente; reserve ½ cup of the cooking water.
- Drain the pasta and transfer it back to the cooking pot.
- Mix in ¼ cup reserved cooking water and the pesto; use the remaining ¼ cup cooking water as needed to moisten the sauce.
- Divide among 4 warmed pasta bowls; serve immediately.