Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe in Real Simple magazine and then changed it a bit, mainly by using Morningstar mealstarters Veggie Crumbles instead of the ground beef, which I've been trying to avoid. I made a few other small changes to suit me and this turned out really good and made great leftovers too.
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb button mushroom, sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 12 ounces Morningstar Farms Meal Starters Grillers recipe crumbles
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (I used petite diced)
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Cook pasta according to directions on package.
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 minutes.
- Add garlic, veggie crumbles, salt and pepper.
- Cook till heated through.
- Add tomatoes and their juices and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and stir in the half & half and 3/4 of the parmesan cheese.
- Simmer until sauce thickens slightly.
- Drain pasta and return to the pot.
- Add the sauce and toss.
- Serve and sprinkle with the remaining cheese and parsley.