1 hr 30 mins
Found on the army's web site and posted in reply to a request. WWW.quartermaster.army.mil. Times are a "best guess" Serving size: 1 cup (8 1/2 oz)sauce and 1 cup (5 1/2 oz) spaghetti
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7257.47 g 90% lean ground beef
- 11566.60 g canned tomatoes, diced
- 5270.74 g tomato paste
- 2721.55 g water
- 1814.36 g onions, dry peeled, chopped (4 3/8 lb before peeling)
- 198.44 g granulated sugar
- 95.82 g salt
- 45.92 g garlic powder
- 14.17 g sweet basil, crushed
- 14.17 g ground thyme
- 9.35 g oregano, crushed
- 7.08 g black pepper
- 8 whole bay leaves
- 36287.38 g water, boiling
- 5443.10 g spaghetti
- 70.87 g salt
- 1Cook beef in steam-jacketed kettle or stock pot until beef loses its pink color (CCP: 155F or higher), stirring to break apart.
- 2Drain or skim off excess fat.
- 3Add tomatoes, tomato paste, water, onions, sugar, salt, garlic powder, basil, thyme, oregano, pepper and bay leaves to beef.
- 4Mix well.
- 5Bring to a boil; reduce heat; cover; cook at low heat about 1 hour, stirring frequently.
- 6CCP: Temperature must reach 140°F or higher.
- 7Remove bay leaves before serving.
- 8CCP: Hold for service at 140°F or higher.
- 9Add salt to boiling water.
- 10Slowly add spaghetti while stirring constantly until water boils again.
- 11Cook 14 to 18 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- 12Do not overcook.
- 13Drain thoroughly.
- 14NOTES: In step 2, 8 oz (2 2/3 cups) dehydrated onions may be used.
- 15In step 2, 15 tbsp (45 cloves) dry minced garlic may be used.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti With Meat Sauce (Ground Beef) for 100
Serving Size: 1 (708 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 100
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.1
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 47.1 mg
- Sodium 1297.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 25.1 g