Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Jamie Oliver's website, submitted to Mascarpone Madness by Dawna Tayebi
Make and share this Spaghetti With Mascarpone, Lemon, Spinach and Hazelnuts recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 lemon, juiced, about 1/4 cup
- 1⁄2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1⁄2 lb spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups spinach, loosely packed, washed, spun dry and rough chopped
- 1⁄2 cup hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
- Combine the zest, juice, mascarpone, salt, pepper and nutmeg in a bowl. Whisk together until smooth.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and add a generous amount of salt. Boil the spaghetti until al dente - removing pasta from heat one or two minutes earlier than you normally would. Drain the pasta - reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large pot. Add the garlic and saute until tender. Add the spinach and fry until wilted. Add the lemon/mascarpone mixture, the pasta, and as much of the reserved water as necessary to make the sauce fluid but not watery.
- Top with the chopped hazelnuts.
To date, I've never prepared a Jamie Oliver recipe that I didn't like. This recipe I discovered on another site last week but the cook replaced the standard lemon with Meyer lemon. So, I subbed a Meyer lemon with excellent results. Fresh, locally made fettuccini as well! What a delicious combination of flavors! Used our Oregon-grown hazelnuts, too! Served with a simple side of pan grilled carrots. Thanks for posting the recipe!