Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Jamie Oliver's website, submitted to Mascarpone Madness by Dawna Tayebi
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 lemon, juiced, about 1/4 cup
- 1⁄2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1⁄2 lb spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups spinach, loosely packed, washed, spun dry and rough chopped
- 1⁄2 cup hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
- Combine the zest, juice, mascarpone, salt, pepper and nutmeg in a bowl. Whisk together until smooth.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and add a generous amount of salt. Boil the spaghetti until al dente - removing pasta from heat one or two minutes earlier than you normally would. Drain the pasta - reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large pot. Add the garlic and saute until tender. Add the spinach and fry until wilted. Add the lemon/mascarpone mixture, the pasta, and as much of the reserved water as necessary to make the sauce fluid but not watery.
- Top with the chopped hazelnuts.
To date, I've never prepared a Jamie Oliver recipe that I didn't like. This recipe I discovered on another site last week but the cook replaced the standard lemon with Meyer lemon. So, I subbed a Meyer lemon with excellent results. Fresh, locally made fettuccini as well! What a delicious combination of flavors! Used our Oregon-grown hazelnuts, too! Served with a simple side of pan grilled carrots. Thanks for posting the recipe!