Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found this recipe on a Madadamis site. It only serves 2, but is delcious.
Make and share this Spaghetti With Macadamia Pesto and Semi-Dried Tomatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 250 g spaghetti
- 78.07 ml macadamia basil pesto
- 100 g sun-dried tomatoes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 100 ml cream (optional)
Macadamia Basil Pesto Ingredients
- 473.18 ml basil leaves, tightly packed
- 160 g unsalted macadamias
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 125 ml macadamia nut oil
- 65 g freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1.23 ml sea salt
- parmesan cheese
- 29.58 ml toasted macadamias, extra finely chopped
- 14.79 ml basil, finely shredded
- Make the pesto first: Wash and dry basil leaves thoroughly.
- Put basil into a food processor or blender with the macadamias and garlic and process until well combined. Scrape down sides and process again. Add the cheese salt and pepper, and process again, then slowly drizzle in the oil, keeping the machine running and process until smooth.
- Scrape pesto into a tightly sealed jar or plastic container until ready to use.
- NOTE~ a film of macadamia oil over the top will help to preserve this pesto and pesto must be stored in the refrigerator.
- Cook the spaghetti using spaghetti instructions.
- When cooked drain the pasta, reserving 2 – 3 tablespoons pasta water.
- Mix the pesto with pasta water then toss with spaghetti until well combined.
- Add the cream and toss through semi-dried tomatoes and taste for seasoning.
- Top with extra Parmesan, chopped toasted macadamias and basil.
I made thsi for Aussie/Kiwi Swap #31. My DH especially loved this. Especially the taste of the macadamia nuts and the oven-dried tomatoes - so sweet! Pretty enough for a party!!