1/1 Photo of Spaghetti With Macadamia Pesto and Semi-Dried Tomatoes
I found this recipe on a Madadamis site. It only serves 2, but is delcious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g spaghetti
- 1/3 cup macadamia basil pesto
- 100 g sun-dried tomatoes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 100 ml cream (optional)
Macadamia Basil Pesto Ingredients
- 2 cups basil leaves, tightly packed
- 160 g unsalted macadamias
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 125 ml macadamia nut oil
- 65 g freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1Make the pesto first: Wash and dry basil leaves thoroughly.
- 2Put basil into a food processor or blender with the macadamias and garlic and process until well combined. Scrape down sides and process again. Add the cheese salt and pepper, and process again, then slowly drizzle in the oil, keeping the machine running and process until smooth.
- 3Scrape pesto into a tightly sealed jar or plastic container until ready to use.
- 4NOTE~ a film of macadamia oil over the top will help to preserve this pesto and pesto must be stored in the refrigerator.
- 5Cook the spaghetti using spaghetti instructions.
- 6When cooked drain the pasta, reserving 2 – 3 tablespoons pasta water.
- 7Mix the pesto with pasta water then toss with spaghetti until well combined.
- 8Add the cream and toss through semi-dried tomatoes and taste for seasoning.
- 9Top with extra Parmesan, chopped toasted macadamias and basil.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti With Macadamia Pesto and Semi-Dried Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (470 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1489.4
- Calories from Fat 727
- Total Fat 80.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 28.6 mg
- Sodium 1854.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 159.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 26.6 g
- Sugars 26.1 g
- Protein 49.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
macadamia nut oil