Recipe by mermaidmagic
A different way to serve pasta. Angelo's creation.
Top Review by Newbie L
Had this for dinner tonight and it was delicious. We used pre-cooked shrimp, so to heat those we fried them in a buttered wok before stirring them in. Also we added some half-and-half as the spaghetti was stirred in the skillet, which gave it a lovely creamy texture. It came out with a delicate flavour, sweet and savoury and slightly exotic. Will be making this again.
- 1 lb spaghetti or 1 lb linguine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon
- 6 ounces small shrimp, peeled
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Add salt and spaghetti and cook until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet with butter over medium heat, add the shallots.
- Saute until cooked.
- Remove the zest from the lemon, careful not to get any of the bitter white part.
- Cut the lemon zest into long thin strips.
- Stir half the lemon zest and the shrimp seasoned with salt and pepper into the skillet to cook.
- Drain the spaghetti and save the water.
- Add the spaghetti to the skillet along with 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water.
- Cook for a few minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
- Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with parsley, pepper and the remaining lemon zest.