Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
Low fat but satisfying.
Top Review by jennifer in new jersey
very nice dish; made this for my 3yr old daughter's dinner tonite. followed recipe except used about 2oz of organic cream cheese without chives and onions as it was what i had on hand. she loved it, very simple to make too. thanks for sharing.
- 140 g spaghetti
- 100 g frozen petits pois or 100 g garden peas
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 100 g low-fat soft cheese with chives and onions
- 1 lemon, zest of, finely grated
- 3 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pan of lightly salted water to the boil.
- Feed in the spaghetti and cook for about 10-12 minutes, until just tender.
- Add the peas for the last 2-3 minutes.
- At the same time, heat the olive oil in a saucepan and fry the onion gently until softened and cooked, but not brown.
- Stir in the soft cheese and warm it through, adding 3 tbsp of the pasta cooking water to thin it down.
- Now stir in the lemon zest and 2 tbsp of the Parmesan.
- Drain the spaghetti and peas really well, return them to the pan and gently stir in the sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper, then pile it into 2 serving bowls.
- Sprinkle the parsley and the remaining Parmesan over the top and serve right away, with a mixed leaf salad.